- Revenue increased by 23% to US$317.1M, the highest reported annual sales in the Company’s history.
- Xellia’s novel Premixed Vancomycin in a Ready-to-Use (RTU) bag recently received Qualified Infectious Disease Product (QIDP) designation from the FDA and the Company expects to make a regulatory submission in 2018.
Xellia Pharmaceuticals (‘Xellia’), a
Revenue for 2017 increased by 23% to US$317.1M which is the highest reported sales since the Company was established as an independent business in 2008.
Xellia also reported progress on the development of its pipeline of value-added anti-infectives. The Company’s Premixed Vancomycin is a novel liquid dosage form of vancomycin in a ready-to-use infusion
Carl-Åke Carlsson, Xellia’s CEO said: “Premixed Vancomycin RTU is one of the first products in our pipeline of value-added anti-infectives that we began to develop in 2014. Our pipeline focuses on advancing patient care by aiming to eliminate steps in the compounding process which may reduce medication errors. We continue to work hard to ensure that Premixed Vancomycin RTU and other products from our innovative pipeline become available to healthcare professionals and their patients as soon as possible.”
QIDP designation is granted under the Generating Antibiotic Incentives Now (GAIN) Act in the U.S. and provides certain incentives for the development of antibiotics that include priority review and eligibility for fast-track designation.
Since 2014, Xellia commenced development of a pipeline of innovative anti-infective therapies based on the Company’s core portfolio. To support the commercialization, of these products the Company has significantly expanded its manufacturing capabilities for sterile injectables in the U.S., including the acquisitions of sites at Raleigh, North Carolina and Cleveland, Ohio. Facilities at the Cleveland site have subsequently received substantial upgrades. The Company will continue to make significant investments in its U.S. business during 2018 in preparation for the commercialization of its innovative product pipeline.
Financial Highlights for 2017 (compared to 2016).
Key figures in million USD.
• EBITDA increased 36% to 86.5 (2016: 63.6)
• Operating profit / EBIT increased by 75% to 51.5 (2016: 29.5)
• Net profit more than doubled to 39.0 (2016: 18.7)
• Total assets increased by 21% to 778.1 (2016: 645.2)
• Total number of full-time employees grew by 145 (11%) to 1,497 (2016: 1,352)
For more information, please contact:
Carl-Åke Carlsson, CEO
Tel: +45 32 64 55 00
Instinctif Partners (International media relations)
Eileen Paul / Ashley Tapp / Melanie Toyne-Sewell
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7457 2020